• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It was the adidas superstar first
As with any major formative moment in his life, Jason Coles hasn't forgetten the first time he fell in love with a shoe.

"It was the adidas superstar slip on trainers first” enthuses the self-confessed trainer obsessive and author a new book, Golden Kicks: The Shoes That Changed Sport. "Almost 50 years after it first appeared on basketball courts it's still a fantastic shoe. It was the dawn of a golden age for adidas and one of the first trainers to cross over from sports to fashion, most famously on the feet of Run DMC in the 80s."

Run-D.M.C., however, weren't interested too much in the business of leather harnesses or tight pants, and the group settled on a uniform of track suits and Kangol hats completed with matching pairs of adidas superstar up strap always in black and always without laces (a style note taken from men who had spent time in prison, where shoelaces are confiscated). When a would-be rival tried to diss the group by calling their signature footwear "felon shoes," Run-D.M.C. responded with a track "My Adidas," in which they proclaimed "I may wear sneakers but I'm not a sneak."

While it is an inducement for fitness, it is not for the fit people exclusively. It allows you to live out the fitness fantasy without actually doing a lot of the work. Fatigue from the skinny jeans has made the market welcome comfortable yoga pants; a trend that refuses to go away! Started as a largely female focused trend, companies like Lululemon and SweatBetty bet big on the athleisure lifestyle and are now multimillion dollar companies that make the best yoga leggings in the business. Athleisure became more male friendly with compression pants and puffer jackets that kept you cool in the summer and warm in the winter all the while being a snug fit. Even sneakers have never seen such an all-time high in the market as they do now, with Yeezy’s, Air Jordan’s, to the adidas superstar marble fetching top dollar and we have athleisure to thank for that.