• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts and Observations of the current version
I've loved this game since the first time I saw it years ago, and each patch always adds something different to the mechanics of the game. Some of the mechanics in this patch are slightly broken, for reasons I will list and detail below in order of severity.

Multiplicative nature of stat increases due to equipment level.

This is by far the most broken mechanic in the game right now. Currently, every equipment level multiplies the CURRENT stats of the equipment by 1.1. This means that after every 10 levels, the equipment multiply its stats by around 2.6. If you get the equipment level high enough... Well here's the results.

[Image: g3kZV0N.png]

This can be fixed by creating a base stat block for equipments, and have +'s be a multipler of the base stats. For example, +20 would multiply the base stats by 3.

Bloodleaf Potion

Now how could I possibly get a +94 staff in a reasonable amount of time? The answer is Bloodleaf Potions, which is the next broken mechanic on the list. In this game, equipment is much more important than levels in terms of stats, since levels give a marginable amount of stats. As a result, leveling up equipment is likely more important than leveling up characters. Now we have Bloodleaf Potions, which multiply the Equipment EXP gained. This is essentially more valuable than double exp, and you can acquire a Bloodleaf Potion with BP for around every 10 battles you fight, and the effect is permanent. This gets out of hand very quickly; I had a 49x multiplier by the end of the game.

I think this could by either reducing the multipler gained per Bloodleaf Potions to +.1x, or by severely reducing the amount of Bloodleaf potions available.

Equipment modifiers: 2x MP regen, 2x EP regen

So I'm assuming the intended effect of these modifiers are to double the current MP/EP regen by 100%. However, what they do instead is ADD 100% MP/EP regen. Meaning that if you have one of these modifiers on any of your equipment, you gain full MP/EP every turn respectively. It completely destroys the concept of resource management.

Agility

This is also due mostly in part to insane equipment stats, but I feel like there needs to be diminishing returns on Agility, as otherwise, there will not be room for additional equipment to give Agility without causing that character to get like 20 turns for everyone else's 1. For my case, Twilight was the only one acting, with 267,822 agility. It would take 2,678 of Twilight's actions before the DoomBringer even gets a turn.

No Encounter Modifier

This modifier is the reason why I had to save the game whenever an equipment was close to gaining another modifier, as I had to check to make sure it was not No Encounter. In most games, including this one, No Encounter equipment is only equipped when attempting to avoid all fights in order to do some sidequests, or for low level runs. For this game, you have to have an equipment to +15 before you can even get a modifier, ruling out low level runs, and we lack any sidequests so far. Additionally, since you will not encounter anything with this modifier, there is little chances to level up the equipment further, and also sets you back majorly in levels, items, equip exp, etc.. As a result, I believe this modifier should be adjusted to be toggle able, or removed, as currently, I would advise any player who got this equipment to reset immediately, or ditch said equipment forever.

With all of this being said, I had a great time playing this game again, and loved the Infinity Arena, and the challenge that the DoomBringer brought, even though you did not intend it for it to be killable. Additionally, the EP mechanic has been of the best designed RPG mechanics I have seen in quite some time. Even though your player base is not very large, I hope you do decide to continue updates on Part 2, as I am looking forward to seeing where you take this game in the future.

Very good recommendation. Those stats were implemented on a most basic conceptual scale, I will have to improve them to be more realistic next patch.
shadow-LEOCA@USNTK@AKIAMSEAAIE@VATDNUMCNOS@