• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Issue's This Game is Facing And a Return to The Past.
Ok Heres the Deal. Back in the game as it was in V2.017 you still had the prefixing system (one where you could prefix at ANY time before even needing to do a single fight). you could gather wealth , pay for the upgrade tokens in Everest , and +30 or Godly or Admin your weapons at any time you chose. and it let the player get a unprecedented amount of freedom and choice in their game. This allowed players to become stronger before going into combat to make the gameplay amazing fun....and it gave a point to farming money because you would need millions upon millions to +30 everything and pay for all the tokens. it ALSO featured the Infinity Arena. The nearly sole purpose of going to the Infinity Arena was for the boxes. They provide a way to boost your stats rarely through finding Stat boosting items AND simultaneously allowed players to farm rare or otherwise unavailable equipment (take the Cuved Blade for example) One of the then strongest items in the entire game. This created the perfect system of balance where one could be as strong as they so wished....where someone was not limited to mere enchantments to boost their power....it created several ways to enchant your gear and boost up in power that were diverse in nature and not interconnected. In short it was the PERFECT system. I can accept you wanted a different system in place for prefixing gears. I can even accept that no matter what i say you probably will NOT accept this feedback and ever put the system so many of us thought was beautiful back in place. I CANNOT accept that with the removal of Fabled Chests from the Infinity Arena MANY things you set out to do with this system become null and void and you have not paused to think about it. Rare equipment such as usable armor pieces...Elemental Cloaks , Cuved Blades , Muramasa Katanas , ALL dropped from these chests , and since no monster dropped them but very very rarely and the game is too short to farm them those Fabled Chest's were the ONLY source to find rarer equipment with and as such improve your character. This is a HUGE reason to leave them in as they are in V2.017! Another reason is obvious. Rare Permanent Stat-Boosting items. These items are many and varied but the point of all of them is to increase your characters stats. I cannot stress this enough. With the removal of the OPTIONAL NON-RANDOMIZED enchantment system these Stat-Boosting items became the only source of reliable power in the entire game. Basically they were all we had to boost our characters back to their once great selves. I realize you think AHEAD but think to the beginning. That first boss (The Cockatrice) was nearly unbeatable unless you enchanted your gear and prepared BEFORE fighting him. With this new system we cannot even prepare before starting the combat of the game in Everest town through gear prefixing and upgrading and money farming in your house anymore! Its not even an issue of how one feels about it at this point in time. Its a issue of game playability. If you take away the one thing left in the game able to even boost us in power you destroy the game. This is why i consider V2.017 to be the absolute best version of the game. It combined a flawless enchantment system with a absolutely beautiful combat system , great diversity in monsters , the first glimpses of battles to come hidden in the Infinity Arena , the release of the Infinity Arena and the coveted SP +1k Tokens , The Mini-Boss system and the wonderful release of Legendary and Fabled Chests. In short V2.017 took everything amazing about V1.999 and honed it to absolute perfection. It perfected the prefixing system , introduced to us the Infinity Arena , and gave us an even better combat system through the friendship system. It gave us the ability to never be restricted solely by the limits of enchantable gear and gave us a reason to keep playing and leveling far far beyond what is neccessary to beat the game. It gave us a reason to STRIVE to reach level 250 , to play until we unlocked EVERY SP ability , to play until we discovered hidden maps , to help with bug reporting in the hopes of helping make an even better game , and a reason to play long after the final blow had been struck against Queen Chrysalis! In short it gave us the best this game had to offer.....what YOU harvard...what YOU had to offer us. Now the old system has been destroyed and we no longer even have the ability to use the upgrade tokens as we see fit...to enchant when we want and if we want , and as of V2.032 we no longer even have the ability to raise our stats with the items contained in those fabled chests. Harvard....please. Open your eyes to what you had. These...updates...they are a cruel mockery of the flawless system for gathering stats you had in place beforehand....a shadow of what once was a beautiful and intricate system layered with a nearly endless amount of choices and abilities now destroyed in the newest adaption. That is how i see this game progressing. And i fear that no matter what i say you will never bring back the old system perfect as it was. And i fear that the only way left to us players to gather power legitimately will now be permanently destroyed. These are my fears. I have voiced them. Such is all i am able to do.

V2.017 remains the best this game has to offer. It had the best system's in place for everything. And i fear for this game and for all the work and dedication you've shown if you continue to go down this path harvard. I really do. Instead of an upgrade in gameplay these are serious downgrades.

Please i implore you do not break the game with the direction your taking harvard. Please. I beg of you to heed my words and not remove the chests...those last vestiges of the ways to farm needed equipment and materials , those beautiful chests that gave us a reason to keep playing long after the very end.... please do not remove them from the game.

And i beg of you to write a response to this longer than 20 words. This is an thread i made because i feel it impacts the game in a serious way. And a wrong one at that.

-Feedback from a loyal player
-Defiled3500

I will add more methods to get chests. <----- you can always buy more with battle point, and it is cheap. 10 rounds in infinite arena = one lucky chest. It isn't totally gone.

2.017's upgrade and enhancement system isn't removed, it is still in game. Except the new system will render the old system to be impaired to use.
The biggest problem is the fact: old item system needs ITEM NUMBER. MOST of the new players DOESN'T know how to use the number system AT ALL. And number system had some fundamental issues such as enhance one item would result in the enhancement OF ALL of the items with the same item number.
Since the system was SOO important, without it players cannot beat the game. I decided to make it automated, so all players can benefit from it.

The new system got particle and feature system added to it. Also tons of equipment modifiers that makes equipment leveling piece of cake.

And obviously, we need more than 1 vote to bring back the old system.
The new system clearly surpass the older system in many aspect and it is much more powerful.
I am sure to most of the RPG players, entering item ID everytime you try to upgrade/enhance your item is a huge hassle. It is a programming defeat on my side if I were to keep it like that....
shadow-LEOCA@USNTK@AKIAMSEAAIE@VATDNUMCNOS@

(01-27-2014, 08:21 AM)harvard1932 Wrote: I will add more methods to get chests. <----- you can always buy more with battle point, and it is cheap. 10 rounds in infinite arena = one lucky chest. It isn't totally gone.

2.017's upgrade and enhancement system isn't removed, it is still in game. Except the new system will render the old system to be impaired to use.
The biggest problem is the fact: old item system needs ITEM NUMBER. MOST of the new players DOESN'T know how to use the number system AT ALL. And number system had some fundamental issues such as enhance one item would result in the enhancement OF ALL of the items with the same item number.
Since the system was SOO important, without it players cannot beat the game. I decided to make it automated, so all players can benefit from it.

The new system got particle and feature system added to it. Also tons of equipment modifiers that makes equipment leveling piece of cake.

And obviously, we need more than 1 vote to bring back the old system.
The new system clearly surpass the older system in many aspect and it is much more powerful.
I am sure to most of the RPG players, entering item ID everytime you try to upgrade/enhance your item is a huge hassle. It is a programming defeat on my side if I were to keep it like that....

Then make a poll on the forums to ask us if we want to remove the old system or if we preferred the old or new system. i have more concerns but ill voice them in a private message in more detail once i finish my work.

I gotta say, I agree with Harvard to keep the equipment leveling system, my reasoning for this being:

1. While the upgrades you got from the original system were powerful, they were completely random, meaning you could've got an awesome magical weapon but with an upgrade that ended up boosting a non-important stat like luck.

2. The new system doesn't require you to shell out bits to upgrade your equipment.

3. The old leveling system (in Everest Village) not only costed a TON but the increases were barely noticeable as well. In addition, your equipment had a set chance of being downgraded.

4. Lastly, you can use the new lucky boxes crafted from upgrade tokens to get legendary equipment; If you don't get what you want just restart and use it again.