• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
car remote programming tool
I'd like to build device which would be able to copy key fob. What would be the easiest/best approach?

More details:
My friend is running car rental company and he need some device which would be able to lock/unlock car using mobile phone (GSM module/BT module/whatever wireless). My idea is use Arduino Uno (or sth similar) and copy the key fob.
Car owner would use his key fob to teach the device and then place it in car.
I'd like to avoid buying programmed key and teaching car the new key. That would be way too complicated for car owners.

i lost my key once for my 230 kommpressor rang dealer and was told i needed to go to dealers wi my logbook id to order a key thay told me all keys are orded in from head office in germany and can take up to two weeks to arrive £80 plus vat but luck was on my side got it back

(09-09-2019, 04:33 PM)Conner Wrote: i lost my key once for my 230 kommpressor rang dealer and was told i needed to go to dealers wi my logbook id to order a key thay told me all keys are orded in from head office in germany and can take up to two weeks to arrive £80 plus vat but luck was on my side got it back

im a key cutter down here in cornwall there are non main dealers who do programing of cripto rolling code chips ,
i do fixed chiped keys up to 98ish ,then cloning of ford keys up to 2002 ish ,
now the remots on mercs are the same set up as vw ,seat ,audi ,
a guy came in to wk n wanted a new blade cutting for his newish vw ,i did ask about programing the key ,he bought a black box what pluged into the cars engine managment system n allowed him to program him self .
ive seen these for rover to allow n program the 2 button remote s,
then the new remote disarms the imbolizer ,

I simply took my existing 'remote' fob (the type with a flip key) to my local locksmith, he read the transponder code in about 1 second, cloned it to another one, then cut me a standard key (the type with the transponder in it's head) and away I went, tried it and Valla! works fine. This is now currently my spare 'key'

(09-09-2019, 04:45 PM)Conner Wrote: I simply took my existing 'remote' fob (the type with a flip key) to my local locksmith, he read the transponder code in about 1 second, cloned it to another one, then cut me a standard key (the type with the transponder in it's head) and away I went, tried it and Valla! works fine. This is now currently my spare 'key'

The second action of the remote fob is that once a button to lock and unlock is pressed (this has to be programmed to the cars ECU for it to be recognised) it obviously allows the operation of the central locking AND the disarm/arm of the alarm. This is where we are having issues ( I haven't been looking into it since :eekSmile .

Remotes And Keys is a pioneering company driving the industry with innovative, cutting edge car remote technology, key fob and top of the line automotive locksmith supplies. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the most affordable automobile keys and remotes the industry has to offer while maintaining the highest quality standards. If you want to know more details please visit here car remote repair

(09-09-2019, 04:30 PM)Blake Wrote: I'd like to build device which would be able to copy key fob. What would be the easiest/best approach?

More details:
My friend is running car rental company and he need some device which would be able to lock/unlock car using mobile phone (GSM module/BT module/whatever wireless). My idea is use Arduino Uno (or sth similar) and copy the key fob.
Car owner would use his key fob to teach the device and then place it in car.
I'd like to avoid buying programmed key and teaching car the new key. That would be way too complicated for car owners.
[quote pid='3146' dateline='1568010638']
Auto locksmiths have those devices and they can charge nominal fee to program car key.
[/quote]

(09-13-2019, 07:26 PM)memberwobbly Wrote: Remotes And Keys is a pioneering company driving the industry with innovative, cutting edge car remote technology, key fob and top of the line automotive locksmith supplies. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the most affordable automobile keys and remotes the industry has to offer while maintaining the highest quality standards. If you want to know more details please visit here car remote repair

I will surely visit the link if any help regarding car remote repair is needed. Thanks, it's good for those who are new in the locksmith business.

Yesterday, my car keys were unable to start the ignition, so I took my remote fob to my local
locksmith mableton
. He cloned the codes to a new blank and cut me a new key in just 10 minutes.