• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failing to get an engineering job after college? why?
? Work-study pays 75% of the way? Our work-study students typically get 8 hrs per week at minimum wage. Not 75% in any world I know about. Makes me (a graduate with an engineering degree who is working at http://yourhomeworkhelp.org/do-my-engineering-homework/)wonder about the statistics in the rest of the article.
Why don't professors educate students more about availability of jobs in their field? Could it be because states are eternally grading departments on their number of graduates? Duh.  
Tell students who can't cut it due to lack of ability in a particular field that they aren't going to make it? It might work with some, but many students just don't believe you. They have been told all their life that they are special, and it takes awhile for it to sink in. As maybe it should. One of my colleagues almost flunked the first semester of a STEM discipline, but ended up with a Ph.D. in the field. And we have students who insist they are pre-med when it is really clear they will never get into med school, but will not listen. Don't assume that professors did not tell these students.
And don't believe everything they tell you in surveys. One of my advisees told his father he had to stay an extra semester due to the poor advising he had received, but he didn't even declare an official major in my field (and so get assigned an advisor) until the semester before he graduated.

Perhaps the only sensible option in your situation would be to hire a math tutor, but the problem is that finding a good tutor is incredibly difficult these days. At least I've had a tremendous amount of trouble finding one. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to come across these math tutoring las vegas. These guys turned out to be real professionals. My child was delighted with the lessons with them and very soon his grades in math were much better.