• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music
Hello!

I just wanted to give some feedback to the music of the game and also throw in my opinion.

First, i'd highly recommend to use instrumental music. It just doesn't feel right to hear e.g. Trixie's voice or generally words or phrases in the background music. It's background-music afterall.

Secondly i'd also recommend not to use music from other games. This is not "Fighting is Magic", and despite FiM being cancelled, the Music belongs to this game.
Even if you're not a musician and can't create your own music, there are still enough unused MLP inspired Battle-Themes floating around the web.

As third aspect, i'd recommend to use different battle themes for bossfights and normal fights. Or even have a specific theme for each boss.
This is the first game of this kind i played where the music in normal fights and bossfights is the same. Because of this, bossfights just don't feel special, like they should. A few good examples for boss-themes would be DasDeer - BPFF, The Lunar War - From Rarity to Extinction or Wintergreen - Monarch, though the latter two are already planned to be used in other games.

These are my two cents regarding the music of this game.
I know you're concentrating more on the mechanics and getting the game done, but i think more fitting music could greatly improve gameplay experience and overall quality.
I hope this thread will also be used by others to state their opinion.

Messages In This Thread
Music - by McKay - 02-15-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: Music - by harvard1932 - 02-16-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: Music - by McKay - 02-18-2013, 05:03 AM
RE: Music - by harvard1932 - 02-18-2013, 05:27 AM
RE: Music - by techsquad2 - 03-18-2023, 09:02 PM